1.15.2008

THE FAST... Day 9

Well... the "fast" continues today... I have a confession to make though, Chase and I went to Jason's Deli, got the soup and salad- I totally forgot that Red Beans & Rice has sausage in it... Sooooo a few bites of meat passed my lips today- well not really meat, more like meat products... I figured that since it wasn't really meat, it didn't count.

Today was a fairly straightforward day, kind of falling into a regular rhythm of this whole eating thing... I have progressed into thinking about where I go from here... I am really feeling the healthiest mentally, physically, and spiritually than I have in a long time... I really think its taking the extra time with God, and tuning out a lot of distractions that has made the difference... Oh yeah- not having a grease & caffeine fueled system probably has something to do with it too.

So I am thinking that fast food will not really be a part of my regular routine as it (shamefully) once was... It really scares me how badly I ate and how little I cared about it... It honestly scares me to think about falling back into those habits again.

So today was a good day, except for almost getting frostbitten toes trying to ice down my ankles after basketball practice.

The Stats:
Breakfast: Smoothie... what else (Blender update: still hanging in there)
Lunch: Jason's Deli Soup & Salad.... Red Beans and Rice faux pas
Snacks: Carrots, Peanuts, & more PHICKLES!!
Dinner: Banana on the way home from practice & baked potato w/ EVOO & Salt/Pepper

Weight: 286
Mood: Optimistically Cautious, or Cautiously Optimistic

PS- No picture on purpose- too lazy... Ankles hurting some... Maybe tomorrow

No comments: