1.07.2008

THE FAST... Day 1

Goal for this blog: - to be somewhat more reflective and transparent than on the DP.com site; also to keep some statistics of the journey, including intake and outake...
DAY 1- 01.07.08

Day started off different than I had planned, Kelly had a severe migraine (my B-MD diagnosis) and we were up most of the night, she started breathing heavy at about 2am... (I think, pretty sure I started snoring heavy about 1:30am)... Anyhow, I had very little time to do much of anything, as I got up showered quickly and had to get out the door and take MJ to LiveOak so that Kelly could have some recovery time at home... I was kind of down on myself for not spending more "God-time" this morning, until I realized that I really never eat breakfast- but that lunch is normally my focal eating time (I hope Fresh-Air BBQ can stay in business over the next 3 weeks!)... So I spent some time during the lunch hour with my Bible and Fast-Guide, about 20 minutes (twice as long as it usually takes me to eat)... To me, thats where the real heart of this fast will live for me - replacing what I remove with God... (1 steak = 1 hour, so what about Krystals... I could kill a sackful of God right now!)... It was good times reading out of Jeremiah (thought I would start off with some light reading!)

Staff meeting was awesome... we were all so tired and hungry, Jim could have gotten me to agree to most anything, (I think I did join the boyscouts)... Here is how out of it we were while our bodies adjusted... The power went out, and we sat there discussing the topic at hand in the dark... Chase and I looked at each other like- are we still sitting in the dark... It really got embarassing when Clint came over from next door...

Came home and broke the liquid-phase of the fast with a Strawberry-Banana (thanks for the spelling help Gwen Stefani!) smoothie... Played some hoops with the Mighty Men of Compass Basketball Team... we won. All in all it was a great day- I felt like I could have extended the liquid only fast for another day or so, but I opted (Kelly told me to) to follow the plan, and maybe do another liquid fast somewhere else along the way (or whey, Brandon)... Anyhow as I said to small group last night... Its really more about the spirit of the journey than the letter of the law (BTW- dont try that line on a cop... They have no concept of the "spirit of the journey")

BY THE NUMBERS
Breakfast: glass of OJ, 16 oz. of water, 3 whiffs of Macy's CocoPebbles Breath
Lunch: 32 oz. of water, 20 minutes with God
Dinner: Smoothie, 2 handfuls of almonds, & half a Granny-Smith
Post Game Meal: 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, some more almonds, baby carrots, OJ

Weight this morning: 303 (uhhhh... I was "preparing to fast" over the holidays)
Mood today: Cocky this moring, cranky this afternoon, creaky tonight (303 + hoops = pain)

No comments: