1.08.2008

THE FAST... Day 2


Ok, calling this a fast seems pretty inacurate (kind of like me using the term big-boned...) I had a great day of food... But I am really tired.. I never really knew how much I have leaned on sugar and caffeine... I feel completely exhausted! Was less cranky... more just annoyed today.

Here is the thing though, over the last 48 hours, I have become more inwardly focused... (thats a wide-angle lens)... More contemplative, less outspoken (call Jenkins & LaHaye), and slower to pray outloud... weird, kindof. My prayer is that God would continue to develop this hunger for Him, and honesty with myself...

Very tired today.

Breakfast: Smoothie (OJ, Banana, Protein Powder, Frozen Strawberries)
Snack: Baby carrots, almonds
Lunch: Vegetable Tofu Rice Bowl from The Grit... Apocalyptic!
Dinner: Potatoes with Italian & Greek seasoning

Weight this am: 297
Mood: too tired to be in a mood.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes... we're reading...

Mark B said...

I could almost cry...I'm so proud! Now don't give up in a couple of days!

Unknown said...

You, my friend, are an inspiration.

I might be tempted to try this along with you Compassians were it not for the fact that Ash & I got, like, over $100 in Starbucks gift cards from friends & family members.

-- and yes, I know they'll keep for the next 21 days. I also know that *I* won't keep them for 21 days...