1.10.2008

THE FAST... Day 4


01.10.08

Back in the saddle kids... So yeah today was a really good day- most everyone I talked to today had the same feelings, like a corner was turned... Today really felt like "The Fast" began to be more about a spiritual journey and less about an eating plan (although I am still trying to get used to being a herbivore)... I took some time this morning after Kelly & Macy left for school (Kelly is doing so well- brave every day) and read through some Psalms and did something I have heard about, but never for some reason ever done- paraphrasing a Psalm in my own words...Eugene Peterson is in no danger of losing his place as Christendom's #1 paraphraser that much is true, but it was very meaningful to me...

Some additional highlights from the day:
-Figuring out how to eat at Barberitos and still stick to the plan... If "dude" says it's brown rice, I believe him... seriously, I have had tofu for lunch 3 days in a row... I don't even know me anymore...
-Dehydrated apples
-Realizing that my wife may vote Democratic in the next election... Evidence from today: her "bring-your-own" Publix bags, insistence on recycling on behalf of the church, and buying energy saving light bulbs (which are oddly reminiscent of giant Arby's curly fries... very pale ones)
-Falling in love with my Logitech Harmony remote control all over again
-Blogging while watching a kick butt episode of Grey's Anatomy that almost made me cry... almost made me cry- my eyes are watering because its late, and I have a runny nose from sinuses

Day 4 stats:
Breakfast: Smoothie- don't think I'll ever get tired of those
Lunch: Skinny Burrito no cheese on whole wheat w/ tofu, fresh salsa, cilantro, black beans, and fresher jalapeno peppers...
Nibbles: Peanuts and Granny Smith Apple
Dinner: Cafe Rose served up edemame & brown rice, with broccoli & baked cinnamon apples

Weight: Still hovering at 295- depending on where I put my feet... either that or I fluxuate about 5 pounds either way just by breathing... Might need to invest in a new scale?
Mood: Upbeat and optimistic, at least until an old annoyance reared its ugly head... but I will survive

2 comments:

Unknown said...

-Realizing that my wife may vote Democratic in the next election... Evidence from today: her "bring-your-own" Publix bags, insistence on recycling on behalf of the church, and buying energy saving light bulbs (which are oddly reminiscent of giant Arby's curly fries... very pale ones)

Oh yeah. The happy dance going on in my head right now is, in fact, a beautiful thing.

Kelly said...

Thanks! I'm also doing the happy dance-with my feet. Word!