10.14.2007

My Monthly Check-In...

...You probably don't even feel like reading this do you? I mean- I blog so infrequently some might say- "what's the point" - the point is I am trying to not set any preccedent or raise the expectation level too high... Or the point is I am kind-of busy and sort-of undisciplined. Yeah- thats the point.

So... checkin' in with some 'wax:
  • Right now Macy's Halloween... errrr Fall Festival... costume is up for grabs. Here are the options in play -Kelly is pulling for the "Flower" -Macy is currently pulling for "TV" -And I almost have her convinced she should be the "Potty" (think the cowboy on the horse costume -fake legs and all.) Please help us decide by commenting your vote.
  • Kelly and I stole away for 24 hours on Friday- it was great to get away and pretend we were rock stars... if only by the smoky smell permanently ingrained into our clothes... some sub-wax highlights:
  • I think that The Soup is my favorite show ever... this blog is taking forever because I keep having to look up and laugh- Joel McHale - my comedy man-crush.
  • HD is awesome- my Father-in-Law is da bomb!
  • I called out a lady at lunch today who was giving some serious attitude to the Zaxby's counter girl- she was being totally rude, demeaning, and actually threatened to grab the next plate of chicken that comes out if it wasn't hers. It was awesome - she was dressed in her Sunday best and marched back to her table and prayed with her kids- like hands clasp on the table in front of them and everything. So yeah - I HAD to say something - first I apologized to the counter girl and told her that not everybody who goes to church is that grumpy afterward - her reply was "yeah - church did her some good today..." - Then I waited until the Phari-SHE's kids were not around and told her I hope her day gets better after having such a rough time getting her chicken. She confirmed that- yes, she went to church and even "taught Sunday school" and evidently that means her chicken had better darn well be prompt. I was really close to asking if the lesson was on patience, grace, or "being my witnesses"... sigh... maybe she will find a mirror soon.
  • Lastly, some highlights from church today: "the twins", twister visuals, and an awkward video.
See you next month- maybe.

B

3 comments:

T said...

Well I just wasted I don't know how much time reading everyone of your blogs. I guess I miss you a little bit. I wish that you and I could be completely honest and open with each other(in that hetero way you spoke of),maybe someday right? Anyway,until then I will be some creepy stalker guy or maybe I will be that jealous guy trying to get in on the Jerry Springer show with you guys. Take it easy.
Ryan

Bryan said...

Thanks for wasting some time with me... Its my pleasure to make you a little dumber than you were when you began reading!

For anyone other than me or Ryan that might read this... I have updated and added a link with some photos from the late night in the ATL.

Peace up, A-town down.

Unknown said...

No. No one reads this blog. Why do you ask?

We both just blog for our own edification, right? :)