4.26.2007

The Go-Go's Were Right!


Ahhh yes. Vacation, all I wanted. Vacation, have to get away.

I am currently sitting at the home of one of the guys closest to me, in a purely hetero way- as opposed to Chris and Crull (don't be jealous of each other)- and I have officially reached the State of Relaxation. It took a few days of church-detox, but I am here. And I thought I would share a few of the highlights so far:

1) I have been determined to take the backroads whenever possible. We traveled a good bit of the East coast of Fla on beach road A1A, and bisected the state on Highway 80. Here is my summation: A1A is filled with dazzling ocean views and spectacular ocean-front housing. Highway 80 is filled with dazed state prisoners working the side of the roads and signs telling the bears where to cross the highway and where not too. I am sure that the signs were not for me, since a bear crossing the highway would get my attention- no sign needed.

2) I am beginning a SURF-SHOP sticker collection. On the back of Kelly's Jeep... she disapproves. Me & Mark on the other hand think that it gives a certain cool factor and some sand-cred.

3) Macy Jane loved the ocean... for about 5 minutes (see photo). Then she clued in to the whole "waves" thing. Not so fond of the concept of a relentless stream of foamy, salty walls of water crashing into her every 7 seconds. She screamed whenever I went into the water. It was great fun for the whole family. Mercifully, J&J watched her on Tuesday for us while Kel & I went to the beach together... Oh Macy had a fever/sinus/ear infection as well. The whole beach experience led me to one important question... When did they start making boogie boards so small?

Thats all from the road for now... thanks for taking in a rather long first posting.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice to know I can follow the mis-adventures of BKMJ at my leisure, since we're so adept at regularly connecting in the midst of our tourism duties.

In reference to the orientation shout-out: Note to file: I'm not the one wearing a shell necklace and ankle bracelet with a collection of fanny packs in the closet... and who the heck is Chris?!?

OOOOOhhhh... Bricker's blog! Gotta go!

Shout out to J+J+J and M+M (there's gotta be something there with the name alliteration....)

Unknown said...

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!! Yet another entry into the world of on-line journaling.

Ya flippin' sheep. :)

Glad you're RELAXING. For a welcome change...

Mark B said...

Glad to be part of your relaxation process. Also, glad to be the one to challenge you to finally get your mind blog on to an actual web blog for the world to enjoy (or a couple of your friends). My only regret - not being the first to post a comment.

Chris C said...

Bryan, Thanks for giving us a glimpse not only in the week of your vacation, but also into the mind of BR on vacation. (Scary) and who the heck is Crull?!? (as we get ready for the Jerry Springer show)

Unknown said...

Glad to know I still remain a mystery to some...